DOMESTIC PIPING REPLACEMENT
Keep your Buildings piping healthy
Avoid flooding, mold growth and unnecessary water damage
Depending on the age of your building's copper piping, it may be time to consider replacement.
WHY COPPER FAILS:
- Erosion is the main cause of copper piping failure, generally from
- Poor workmanship such as burrs left around the joins prior to soldering.
- Constant and high flow velocities in piping.
- Material oxidation.
- Re-circulation piping generally has the smallest pipe size & thickness resulting in higher failure rate. Constant flow & higher temperature result in the formation of pin hole leaks.
- Cold water piping failure occur less often due to lower temperature & oxidation rates.
- Piping in poor condition with undetected damages such as pin-holing may lead to:
- Damage to ceilings, walls, flooring, electrical systems, etc.
- Dangerous mold growth.
- Insurance claims for water damage resulting in higher premiums.
- Three grades of copper piping:
- Type 'M' - smallest wall thinkness
- Type 'L'
- Type 'K' - Largest wall thickness
- Wall thickness are dependent of pipe sizes.
- Type 'M' copper generally starts to expensive pinhole leak problem within 5 - 10 years
- Type 'L' copper within 25 - 30 years
- Erosion generally occurs slowly at first; however, degradation grows substantially over time due to increasing turbulence as pitting progresses.
M & E PIPING SERVICES:
- Existing pipe condition review & study.
- Pipe testing through certified third party.
- Recommendations and estimated budget prices for replacement piping.
- Design of new piping system based on current codes and standards.
- Project management during construction phase to ensure compliance with design before pipes are covered.